Nisei Ski Club:  CST 2098431-40

The Law is a series of statutes, which first took effect in 1995, that provide certain protections to consumers. In the past, a “seller of travel” provided or arranged air or sea travel. The law has been expanded to include sellers of travel who provide or arrange land and water vessel transportation services that exceed $300. The Law applies to all purchases made from sellers who are located in California, as well as purchases by persons located in California from vendors who sell or offer to sell from locations outside the state. It includes both retail and wholesale transactions, and covers sales to tour operators, consolidators, and wholesalers. Airlines, cruise lines, and lodging establishments that book travel for their guests and accept no money for doing so are also not covered by the Law. Some motor clubs have to register, but otherwise are exempt from the Law’s requirements.

California law requires certain sellers of travel to have a separate (trust) account. The NSC has such an account. Traveler’s purchase payment(s) will be held in this account until used to pay applicable trip fees and expenses.

The Nisei Ski Club is a participant in the California Travel Consumer Restitution Fund (TCRF). Eligible California travelers may file a claim with TCRF if the traveler is owed a refund of more than $50 for transportation or travel services which the seller of travel failed to forward to a proper provider or such money was not refunded to you when required per the stated cancellation policy. The maximum amount which may be paid by the TCRF to any one traveler is the total amount paid on behalf of the traveler to the seller of travel, not to exceed $15,000. A claim must be submitted to the TCRF within 12 months after the scheduled completion date of the travel. A claim must include sufficient documentation to prove your claim and a $35 processing fee. Claimants must agree to waive their right to other civil remedies against a registered participating seller of travel for matters arising out of a sale for which you file a TCRF claim. You may request a claim form by writing to: Travel Consumer Restitution Corpora-tion, PO Box 6001, Larkspur, CA; or by visiting TCRC’s website at: